I have tried cinnamon sugar popcorn, and it’s one of my favorites. However, the cinnamon sugar doesn’t stick onto the popped kernels very well (even if you add the cinnamon sugar right after the popcorn is done popping.) So what better way to make the cinnamon sugar stick?? Butter! Nothing gets better than this recipe…
Buttered Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn
3 tbs. unmelted butter (if you are dairy free, then use this whipped butter. I think it tastes best, but any type works.)
1 : 2 ratio if cinnamon to white or brown sugar
A bowl of popped corn
1. Pour 1/3 of the popped corn into a bowl.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan.
3. Drizzle a little of the melted butter onto the popcorn — but not all of it!! Mix with your hands.
4. Sprinkle a small amount of the cinnamon sugar onto the buttered kernels. Don’t sprinkle too much or else there will be too much cinnamon/sugar once you’re done.
5. Then add another 1/3 of the popcorn into the bowl and repeat the first, third, and fourth steps again until the corn and butter is used up.
6. Serve with a movie! (Or, of course, an episode of Downton Abbey.)
I learned the method of adding a little popcorn, adding melted butter, repeating that step again and again from a friend of mine. It works so well that I now use it every time I make popcorn. Enjoy!