After wearing nail polish a lot, my nails started to crack and peel at the ends. They chipped and tore all the time! If you’re having the same issues with your nails, here are a few of my cure-alls:
1. Stop wearing nail polish! This is the most important tip I could give! I did an experiment with Styrofoam and nail polish. I put a drop of polish on the foam and it burned an inch through. Different colors had different effects, and the darker the color the more it burned through. Give your nails a break for at least 5 – 8 weeks.
2. Use lotion on your hands daily, once in the morning and once at night. Rub it into your cuticles and nail beds, and use more than you think it sufficient.
3. Use cuticle oil on the nail itself instead of just the cuticle.
4. Stop messing with your nails! Don’t bite them, shape them with a file, or use those fake nail things. Refrain from pushing back your cuticles and filing your nails, as this weakens them.
5. Cut them shorter. If you trim your nails short then they have less of a chance of breaking off or splitting.
6. Eat healthily. Eat fruit, veggies, and protein every day as you should and drink plenty of water.
7. Use this nail cream if all else fails.
Hope these tips help you restore your nails!